Tips for Bringing Your Blanc Suisse Puppy Home
Congratulations! You've decided to welcome a Blanc Suisse puppy into your home and family. You have just made one of the best decisions of your life. Get ready to have a bundle of energy in the form of a furry snowball with tons of personality running around your home. You are surely excited for the moment you bring your Blanc Suisse puppy home. But, before you do, consider the following helpful tips.
• Choose a Veterinarian – Carefully research the local veterinarians by contacting them directly or conducting an online search. You will be searching for an experienced, educated and licensed veterinarian. You can also visit the office ahead of time to observe the environment and get to know the staff. The veterinarian will play a large role in your pup’s life, so make sure he or she is someone you are able to get along with well and share your same health/treatment values.
• Bedding – Your Blanc Suisse pup is going to grow at a rapid pace. It’s wise to choose a soft bed that is twice the size of your pup. This will allow your pup to grow a few months before you have to purchase a new bed. There are a variety of beds, styles, designs and colors you can choose from. You can purchase them at your local pet store or online.
• Food and Bowls – As soon as your pup arrives home he or she will want to eat or drink. Be prepared with medium size dog bowls placed in a specific spot. Make sure the area where you plan to feed your pup is away from foot traffic so they have a pleasant eating experience. As your pup grows, you will need to increase the bowl size. The breeder is already feeding your pup a specific type of dog food. You can continue with the same high-quality brand or ask the Breeder or Veterinarian which brand is best suited for your pup. A Good Breeder will be with you every step of the way with your Berger Blanc Suisse puppy.
• Collar and Leash – You will begin training your pup to understand that you are the leader of the pack from the moment you pick him or her up from the breeder. A collar and leash are required to begin training as well as keep your pup safe. Choose a good quality collar and leash that will allow your pup to feel comfortable and safe. Remember, Blanc Suisse pups have lots of energy and can run off easily. A strong leash and collar along with obedience training are going to prevent them from running into dangerous areas such as busy roads.
• Toys – Dog owners often have the most fun picking out toys for their new pup. A ball, squeaky toy, rope toy and teething toy are recommended. You can also bring your pup to the local pet store and allow them to choose their own toys.
One of the most important things you need to get is an identification tag for your pup. This is something you will want to have the moment you pick up your pup. Sometimes owners wait until they name their dog to get the tag. If you prefer to wait, at least get a temporary tag that has your name, address and phone number in case your pup runs away.
These basic preparations will guide you to becoming an excellent pet parent and dog owner. Get started preparing today!
#swisswhite #whiteshepherd #whitepuppies #bergerblancsuisse #bestbreedever